Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Sound of Silence

Hi all!
      Forgot to shamelessly promote myself if you want to tweet me it is @ClaireCassidy15 on twitter. 
          So this post unlike my others that are a little heavy is just a general post about music and the effects it has on you. My mom got me thinking about this the other day when she played this binural beat thing for my dad and I. If you don't know what it is I will post a link to one at the end so you can see if you enjoy it or not. My dad immediately walked out of the room because he hates things like that and while I enjoyed it for about all of 5 seconds trying to decipher it I was not a fan. My mother said she was reading about different frequencies that people enjoy and that is why we like certain kinds of music. I could see where she is coming from but I enjoy lots of different genres and lots of different artists. So what is your music? Here are a couple things on my Ipod:


The Beatles: I am the Walrus and Yesterday
Beyonce: Deja Vu
Imagine Dragons: Radioactive
Glee: Heads Will Roll/Thriller
Lana Del Rey: Young and Beautiful and Born to Die
Florence and the Machine: Sweet Nothing and Spectrum
Drake: F***ing Problems
System of A Down: BYOB
Adele: Skyfall
Kernkraft 4000: Zombie Nation Sports Chant (yep this is the one they play at b-ball games)
Missy Elliott: Lose Control
Utada Hikaru: Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence

So although some of these could be considered the same genre they are all vastly different. I also feel that I can't sit in silence I have to always be listening to music. Although researchers have suggested that meditating can help improve brain function. Also that music can influence your mood which I consider to be very true. I always want to listen to fast music while running...ok jogging briskly....but when I am studying it's Classical music all the way. Also I change music depending on what type of mood I am in. Music is pretty influential so please don't let your 9 year old listen to Lil Wayne which can hardly be considered music but can also influence their mood and I for one do not want a 9 year old to come up ask you what half those words mean because good luck explaining that. I think music is innate. It besides math (the two are closely related) are the only forms of communication that are know worldwide and according to Close Encounters of the Third Kind is universal. Although I would appreciate more than an electric piano to play on...
What kind of music do you listen to? Best songs of all time?

Til Next Time
Claire

binaural beats for your meditating pleasure or hell...




Also is this the best song of all time?...hehe just kidding


No comments:

Post a Comment