Sunday, September 29, 2013

Impressed, Depressed, Regress, Progress...?

Hi all,
   A month that's not bad for a new post right? Don't answer that...how are you? Ready for the fall for those here in America? So hope all of you are getting along well. This post is going to be about a few things that have been going through and maybe you have at one point in your life, too. Recently I have been focusing on school and work and getting great grades that I sometimes drown in all of it. I get slightly depressed doing the same things everyday. The thoughts also run through my mind that I wont get anywhere kinda like a hamster in a wheel. The positive thoughts are sometimes hard to keep at the forefront of my mind. I am pretty sure everyone is like that though. So what do you do when you feel this way?
     You have to think about where you are going and what you want to do with your life. If you are like, Claire, I don't know what I am going to do 5 minutes from now nonetheless my life. That is OK unless you are 30 and still living in your mom's basement then you need to sort out your priorities. So take a few minutes and really contemplate about what you want to do. What do you excel at? What do you enjoy doing? If you enjoy gaming why not get into computer graphics or computer science. If you are a people person get into sales or customer service. My grandfather told me that if you enjoy doing something it does not feel like a job it is something you enjoy. So don't try to get into anything you don't truly enjoy because then you will be working and not living your entire life. Getting into what you want helps you live a more healthy life. You don't get depressed or regress to depression.
       So progress into something different. Don't be depressed with where you are now but remember that you are going somewhere. Think about where you want to go and get there. I know it sucks and, maybe you want to regress and be depressed, about the time it will take to get you there but just remember once you get there you can breathe a sigh of relief. You can feel so accomplished and live each day not just go to a job. So progress and impress yourself. You can make it!

Excelsior! Ever Higher!

No comments:

Post a Comment